This web site does not have a concept of user accounts, and all users are anonymous with some caveats. Just like other web sites, when you visit this web site, your web browser provides certain information to us that is necessary for us to respond to your requests and provide web pages to you. For example, your IP address must be known to us, as well as specific requests for web pages and files in order for this web site to function. In certain cases, your IP address may reveal information about your geolocation, time zone, country, region, city and other privacy exposing features. Furthermore, your web browser may also transmit information about your specific computer environment such as the type of web browser used and which web page you started from. You may adjust and limit the type of information being transmitted to us without breaking the functionality of the site by using a privacy preserving browser or modifying settings within your existing browser to further anonymize your session.
Be aware that Chip Scan endeavors to not collect such combinations of information that will escalate your records into Personally Identifiable Information (PII). For example, if we knew your address, date of birth, or credit card and tried to bind that information into a cohesive record, that would require us to escalate additional compliance on your records. However, we do not collect or correlate that information as a natural part of looking at our site. We do collect certain information, for example, if you wanted to contact us, or schedule a meeting with us, then you may provide us with an email or contact information. We direct this through an external contact method and we do not store such information on this web site.
Certain demonstrations may ask you to submit files for processing. Do not submit any information that will violate confidentiality with other third parties. Any information you submit will be treated as PII, but we ask that for demonstrations and evaluations, do not submit any non-public information.
Use and Collection of Information
- Any E-mails sent to us may be kept in order to solicit correspondence with respect to business operations. From time to time, these emails are periodically deleted. Emails may be sent either directly, or via a web form.
- Analytics data is anonymous and is not used to connect to marketing campaigns. We use this information to understand what parts of our Website or demos are most useful so we may improve our offerings. The analytics system is self-hosted and no information is transmitted to a third party. From time to time, the analytics data is purged.
- Web logs are regularly purged and are used only for security and debugging purposes. Our site does not require login and does not contain any personally identifiable account information that can be correlated to use of the site.
- Logs and analytics constitute usage data that could include IP addresses, browser types and versions, specific access patterns and times, time spent on those pages and other machine identifiers and diagnostics. We make no effort to correlate this information to any specific individual and regularly purge this information.
- Certain Demos (hosted at https://espy.chipscan.us) ask You to upload technical documents that may contain sensitive information. For example, sometimes these documents contain authorship and technical data that could be used to uniquely identify amd/or relate the document back to You. PII in these documents could include names, contact information, proprietary information and other metadata. Once we complete processing of these documents and return the results to You, all documents are purged immediately. Additionally, reports and results derived from these reports are also purged after showing them to You.
- Law Enforcement Actions: Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency). The Company may disclose Your data under a good faith belief that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of the Company, prevent or investigate potentially wrongdoing in connection with the Demos, protect the safety of the public, or to prevent legal liability. Since we purge data regularly and simply do not retain documents in relation to the Demos, there is typically little or no information that we could use to respond to such inquiries.
Sharing of Information
We do not share Your personal information with affiliates, business partners, the public, other users of Demos, or companies interested in mergers and acquisitions, sale of Company assets, financing or acquisition of any part of Company business.
Your personal data in transit
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The anonymous information we collect on this web site will from time to time be aggregated in order to better understand how to create a better experience for all site users. If you do not desire for Chip Scan to aggregate your data, you can opt-out by clicking here. This will create a cookie that marks this preference.
Our Demos do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers. If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information. Of course, if you are a person under the age of 13 that regularly uses our Demos, that would be fairly impressive but please don’t tell us.
Links to Other Web Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
By email: info (at) chipscan.us