Hardware Design Engineer
How to Apply
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your expected availability and contact information.
About the Company
Chip Scan is a DMEA Accredited Trusted Supplier, one of only a few companies authorized to assure sensitive microelectronics. We provide Zero Trust cybersecurity solutions for commercial industry and national defense. Our technology is based on award winning and peer reviewed research. Our culture is laid-back yet focused, and we pride ourselves on fostering an environment where employees can thrive and achieve their full potential. Our headquarters is located in a facility two blocks from the ocean in New York. We are a dynamic and fast-paced company that is always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career in technology, Chip Scan is the place for you.
About the Job
We seek an M.S. or Ph.D. in computer engineering to join our team as a Hardware Design Engineer. In this role, you will work to design, implement, and test secure hardware solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting in the design and development of secure hardware architectures
- Implementing and testing hardware security features for hardware assurance, reverse engineering, and tamper detection
- Collaborating with the software team to integrate newly developed hardware features
- Researching emerging hardware security threats and solutions
- A M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of digital logic and computer architecture
- Experience with hardware and software security concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Verilog or VHDL
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to obtain or have current government clearance
- D.O.E. $110k - $150k
- New York City only
Chip Scan is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, all genders, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.