How to Apply
Please send a resume to email@example.com with your expected availability and contact information.
About the Company
Chip Scan is a DMEA Accredited Trusted Supplier, one of only a few companies authorized to assure sensitive microelectronics. We provide Zero Trust cybersecurity solutions for commercial industry and national defense. Our technology is based on award winning and peer reviewed research. We are a growing company. Our culture is laid-back yet focused, and we pride ourselves on fostering an environment where employees can thrive and achieve their full potential. Our headquarters in New York City. We are a dynamic and fast-paced company that is always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career in technology, Chip Scan is the place for you.
About the Job
We seek a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Cybersecurity Intern in our New York City office. In this role, you will be able to work closely with our product and research team to help with product security research, including but not limited to reverse engineering, vulnerability research and exploit development.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will learn about and do:
- Reverse engineering of hardware implementations and firmware
- Assisting in the research and identification of hardware vulnerabilities
- Developing and implementing hardware-based exploits
- Collaborating with hardware and software teams to improve the overall security of our products
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest hardware security threats and mitigation techniques
- A undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field. Masters preferred.
- Strong understanding of digital logic and computer architecture
- Experience with hardware and software security concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with programming languages such as C, Python, and Assembly
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Familiarity with the FPGA design process; Familiarity with programming languages such as Verilog or VHDL is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- D.O.E. $110k - $150k
- New York City only
Chip Scan is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, all genders, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.