How to Apply
Please send a resume to email@example.com with your expected availability and contact information.
About the Company
Chip Scan is a DMEA Accredited Trusted Supplier, one of only a few companies authorized to assure sensitive microelectronics. We provide Zero Trust cybersecurity solutions for commercial industry and national defense. Our technology is based on award-winning and peer-reviewed research. We are a growing company seeking candidates with the expertise to close deals across multiple markets. As we desire to expand our offerings into the commercial space, candidates will be expected to have an excellent network within some of the following industries: microelectronics, EDA, embedded systems, aerospace/defense, energy, and space.
Our culture is laid-back yet focused, and we pride ourselves on fostering an environment where employees can thrive and achieve their full potential. Our headquarters is located in a facility two blocks from the ocean within a close-knit small town community easily accessible from any part of New York City. We are a dynamic and fast-paced company always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you're looking for a challenging and rewarding career in technology, Chip Scan is the place for you.
About the Job
We seek a highly motivated and experienced Business Development Manager to join our team. This individual will drive sales and revenue growth in the hardware and embedded cybersecurity markets, with a particular focus on the defense and aerospace market. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of lead generation, sales, and business development in the technology industry, with experience in commercializing advanced technology products.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities in the hardware and embedded cybersecurity market, with a focus on the defense and aerospace industry
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision-makers and stakeholders
- Lead the sales process from initial engagement to close
- Meet or exceed sales targets and quotas
- Attend industry events and conferences to network and generate leads
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure successful product positioning and market penetration
- Be responsible for content creation such as white papers, case studies, brochures, and other materials, and communicate these via social media
- MS or equivalent experience in successful lead generation for advanced computer technology products
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development and sales, with a focus on hardware and embedded cybersecurity, and experience in the defense and aerospace industry
- Experience in the commercialization of advanced technology products is a significant plus
- Strong understanding of the hardware and embedded cybersecurity market and trends
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets and quotas
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate technical concepts into layperson's terms
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to obtain and maintain USG security clearance
- D.O.E. $85k - $145k
- New York City preferred
Chip Scan is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, all genders, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.